This is the role of UX Outcomes.
- ==UX outcomes are meaningful improvements to the lives of our customers’ and users’ lives.==
An outcome is an observable change in the world. @16:40 ~
- Outcomes can be positive or negative.
- For a UX outcome, we want to focus on positive change.
- We don’t want the change to be harmful to our users or customers.
UX outcomes are different from business outcomes. @18:20 ~
- Business outcomes are observable changes to the business.
- They can be increased revenue or customer retention.
==We want to prioritize UX outcomes over business outcomes.==
- Focusing primarily on business outcomes can result in harming our customers and users.
When we focus on UX outcomes, we’re focusing on improving people’s lives in a meaningful way.
- When we improve the lives of customers, users, and others affected by the use of our product, we increase the value of the product.
- By showing the improvement in people’s lives, we move away from outputs.
- ==We still need deliverables to do our work.==
- However, they’re not the objective of UX work.
The objective is to improve the lives of customers, users, and others who are affected by our products and services.
- This has clear connections to value.
- Customers whose lives are improved will pay more.
- This is our secret advantage.